Varsha: The School for Specially Abled Children to harness their skills for their better living
Serum Thalassemia Prevention Federation has started Varsha, a School for Specially Abled Children and had began a vocational center at Serum Auditorium, 10, Bhupen Bose Avenue, Shyambazar, Kolkata 700004.
Varsha has been formed with an express mission of empowering and creating opportunities for the specially abled in areas of education, training, craft, and health.
Classes are conducted on
Monday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Thursday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm
and Friday: 2:00pm to 5:00pm.
Objective of Varsha
- To provide a conducive environment for the overall development of the differently abled by highlighting their strengths, so as to make them productive, contributing & proud citizens of this country.
- To run a Special School and Vocational Training Centre for the differently abled.
- To provide assessment, counselling and educational facilities for the physically impaired, developmentally delayed and emotionally disturbed.
- To promote spiritual, physical, mental and educational development, and upliftment of differently abled children of all ages without any distinction of caste, creed or religion.
- To promote and sustain ‘inclusive’ education & develop and provide vocational learning and training facilities to differently abled persons to assist them to be economically useful citizens of the country.